Monday 6 June 2016

Home Made Granola - Instant Breakfast Cereal

Since the baking bug has bitten me, the love for baking and trying new things has gone to the next level..  As a part of Ramadan cleaning routine, I was setting up my breakfast counter and realized that I had the basic ingredients to make the  Yummy Tummy's Granola recipe.. I love Granola bars and the on the go breakfast - however we don't find them in India and if we do, they are super expensive..   I tweaked it a bit to make it simple and easier for the first time..

Ingredients:

Rolled Oats: 1 cups
Corn Flakes : 1/2 cup
Crushed Almonds: 1 cup
Black Currants: 3 tbsp
Brown Sugar: 3 tbsp
Honey: Half Cup
Cooking Oil: 2 tbsp.

Method:

Mix oil and honey in a mixing bowl.




In a large mixing bowl, add crushed corn flakes.. I used Wheat flakes instead of corn flakes.


To this add, 1 cup of rolled oats.



Followed up Crushed almonds, Black Currants and other dried fruits and nuts you want to add. 



Add half of your brown sugar at this stage, since we would be adding honey - add sugar in stages, of course to taste (I made it less sweet)



To this add the honey oil mixture and mix well so its all coated and spread evenly. Pop this into an oven pre heated to 180C for 10 min.


Every 10 minutes, mix the contents to ensure that the oats get toasted evenly. I realized that using a shallow dish works best here, so transferred the contents to a wider aluminum dish.



And after 30 min, I had an amazingly smelling home and a super yummy Granola mix ready!!



It tasted amazing, that I kept snacking on it a lot all day next and made some whole wheat granola muffins.. Though I burnt it a little, it turned out to be super amazingly delicious!!!



So, here's my version of the most famous granola.. Do leave in your comments and any improvement ideas ;)

See you all in the next post soon !!!


Cheers,
Amrin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words can Inspire, Words can Destroy... Choose yours wisely!!!