Saturday 30 April 2016

A sneak peak to my tea station and Cafè Brasilerio

To begin with, I love Tea... I love tea in any form, and I love the idea of exploring different teas from all over the world..

My love with chai started as a child, where I would secretly throw away milk and drink tea, from the kitchen.. Of course, my mom didn't know it.. And as I grew up, I would make tea, before mom came back from office. When it tasted good, and I gathered fan following - I started make tea often. I still remember, when my relatives would come home and ask me to make tea!! What else could motivate a 12 year old more??

Fast forwarding to the present, when the green tea was slowly seeping through Indian market, I managed to get my hands on lemon, lime, orange, jasmine, hibiscus, earlgrey, peppermint tea, nigella seeds, carrom seeds and what not.. I wanted to broadcast my love for tea, and wanted to have my own tea station at home.. Coming from an Indian conservative family, the thought of a tea station would crack up many.. So, I set up a small tea station in my office desk.. People would come, stop by asking "Amrin, can I borrow your orange tea??", "Ooooh, what is Roobis tea??"  I would still get comments like, "Stop wasting money?", "Are you crazy, why are you hoarding" and blah blah.

When I was moving things around and organizing my house, we had a IKEA cabinet that we decided to throw, but I decided to move it to the dining area, to display my mom's precious chinaware. And I stole one compartment and converted it to my tea station.

`

A closer image of the teas I am drinking at the moment, earlgrey, jasmin, yoolong, chamomile...  and ooh.. There is the hero!!!


I am super excited to have a tea station, like my own space - a space filled with my colorful teas.

Well there is something else here along with my tea, my Brazilian coffee - Cafe Pele!!!

Working with people from different parts of the world, and traveling to different parts of the world, indeed turned out to be a boon.. I always always always, trade Indian Spices to Irish, Chinese, Japanese, even Filipino tea.. However, I have a BFF from Brazil, who wanted me to get Filipino dried mangoes.. And I asked for Coffee this time - I was thinking why??!! I could have asked for chocolates, but decided to ask coffee??!!


My friend Dani, got me a 1 kg pack of coffee - I had no clue what to do with it!! I unpacked my coffee maker from its packaging and made my first coffee - of course black!!! And fell in love with it.. The aroma, the flavor.. Nothing like anything I tasted before..



I take very less quantity of the coffee to keep the freshness intact..



Talking about gifts, I got a Chinese Yoolong tea from a darling friend. 


I took one sachet and steeped into hot water, and loved it.. Nothing like I had before..  The packaging is super cute that I don't want to drink the tea, but just keep staring at it every day!!!!



Talking about tea, my Filipino Matcha tea with coffee jelly.. Its vibrant green milkshake, with typical green tea flavor!!



I will soon share a perfect cup of my chais, when my Brasilian Cafe obsession is over!!

This post is inspired from Yasmina's organizing blog on http://www.minaandherblog.com/31-days-to-a-pretty-organized-home-creating-a-coffeetea-station-day-7/

Cheers,

Amrin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words can Inspire, Words can Destroy... Choose yours wisely!!!