Sunday 8 May 2016

Hands on Microwave baking - chocolate orange cake with chocolate butter cream frosting

Its been a while I tried baking, thanks to my not so good oven that is mostly a trouble maker these days..

I had bookmarked a page on microwave baking, I saw some cakes, quiches and a lot of other good stuff.. I tried to make a chocolate cake and went upscale and made it in a tupperware box.

Here is a sneak peak and how I made it...

Its a simple cake, I sifted 1 cup of flour with 1.5 cups of sugar, 1 tsp baking powder , 0.5 cup cocoa powder, 1/4 cup olive oil, 2tsp orange rind and 2 eggs..  Mixed wet and dry ingredients and cooked it in the microwave for 5 minutes. Voila, here is the end result..




Frosting:

200 gm butter, 1 cup icing sugar, 2 tsp cocoa powder and a few drops vanilla powder.. I also added some walnut and chocolate shavings for that ooomph!!!




Final Product:




Just keeping this simple to record my cooking and creations in this space!!!

Amrin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words can Inspire, Words can Destroy... Choose yours wisely!!!